Tuesday, July 21, 2009

All of a "rage" at the Vets



Bonjour. Haricot Blanc, le blogging French cat, here once again.




Perhaps that should read "sulking French cat" as I'm just back from, what for me is fast becoming something of a four-letter word, the VETS.

Now would someone out there like to enlighten me. What exactly is it with periodic medical visits and needles? Do those, albeit highly-qualified comfy laps get a kick from sticking them into our bottoms.

I, for one, am beginning to think so.

A few weeks ago HMDT took me for my first trip to the clinic. Just a check-up to ensure that everything was in working order (I could have told him that, had he bothered to ask).

A most unwelcome sign

Much hilarity about my "sassy" temperament, "cute" zapping around the house as I get my bearings, how I have a limited attention span and can't quite work out what my tail is for and blah, blah, blah.

There were some wise words from the vet concerning my ears (pink and delicate - sunscreen "obligatoire" in summer) and then...well you probably know what happened next (if not, here's a reminder).

The dreaded "needle in the backside" as I received my vaccinations.

So when we pulled up this afternoon outside the vets, I pretty much had an inkling as to what to expect.

Oh yes they (the vets) are all very kind and knowing, saying, "This won't really hurt" (note already the use of the word "really") and "It's all for your own good in the long run", and then before you know where you are they've kindly grasped you by the neck with one hand to immobilise you, while the other is brandishing that sharp little devil.

Is this REALLY the way to travel?

I tell you, I don't like it. In fact I DON'T LIKE it at all.

It might well be in my own interests and all be part of keeping me healthy, but as far as I'm concerned it's just not fair.

I mean, what have I done to deserve it? Nothing. I've just been me.

This time around it was a vaccination against rabies - or "rage" as we call it here. How appropriate is all I can say.

All right, so I knew it was coming but it still didn't make the experience any the more pleasurable. Once again I let them know exactly how I felt about it.

The good news (yes, there is some) is that I've now got the all clear to venture outside. So I suppose that's something to look forward to.

And all being well I won't be subjected to the same sort of humiliating treatment for quite a while.

VoilĂ . C'est tout pour le moment.

Yours (still in high dudgeon)

Haricot B.

Back home

4 comments:

  1. Hurrah! Shots completed. Now just playing, love and fun. And napping, lets not forget napping. You get more beautiful each time we see you. Regards to Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the vet either, but we has to go!!

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 31, 2009

    Nobody likes the vet, especially when you have to stay overnight! BTW, you are a tres belle chat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Thank You Very Much for sharing this interesting article here..

    Kesar Keri | Somnath | Dwarka

    ReplyDelete